The Canadian government run by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau are in the midst of preparing new rules and pathways for internationals who wish to immigrate to Canada to join the currently vacant labor force. Canada’s Express Entry is likely to see some massive changes to address the labor shortage woes in the country. As per reports, authorities will now issue ITAs to candidates with specific work experience, education, or language abilities etc. The last influential update to the most popular permanent residency pathway (express entry) was before the pandemic changed the landscape of the Canadian job market. These changes addressed broader challenges in Canada where job vacancies were not top of mind. Due to the covid pandemic and lockdowns, the Canadian economy is suffering from heavy levels of job vacancies in many important sectors.
“We are using all of the tools at our disposal to tackle labor shortages, particularly in key sectors like health care, construction, and transportation. These changes will support Canadians in need of these services, and they will support employers by providing them with a more robust workforce who we can depend on to drive our economy forward into a prosperous future. I’m thrilled to announce expanded pathways to permanent residence in Canada for these in-demand workers,” said Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship.
Foreign nationals with work experience in the following 16 occupations are now eligible to apply through Express Entry:
- Payroll administrators
- Dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- Pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants
- Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants
- Sheriffs and Bailiffs
- Correctional service officers
- By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers
- Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations
- Residential and commercial installers and servicers
- Pest controllers and fumigators
- Other repairers and servicers
- Transport truck drivers
- Bus drivers, subway operators and other transit operators
- Heavy equipment operators
- Aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors
In order to get a head start on your permanent residency application, it would be crucial to verify the level of demand and job offers currently available in Canada corresponding to your experiences and qualifications. This will give you an idea of whether the Canadian government will be focusing on your profession in 2023 to fill in the job vacancies Canadians are experiencing.
For further information and on how to begin your application to enter Canada, please contact our law firm, it would be our pleasure to help!